Tuesday, 12 May 2009
Tuesday, 28 April 2009
Yazid @ Nadia's place
1. I am always greeted by a person who would scream in delight once he sees my face. Happens everyday. And just like that all my problems subside gone in a second ;)
2. A million goodnight kisses and cuddles
3. Seeing him laugh and chuckle each time I pretend to fall/act clumsy (wait a minute, most times its no pretending on my part ;))
4. Breastfeeding - nothing provides me more joy than seeing him grow healthy and strong from natural mama's milk. Comfort feeding is also super :)
5. "Yazid sayang mama... ". Enough said :).
Yazid and I during my company's fishing and paintball tournament.
Friday, 17 April 2009
L dear, if you're reading this, I wish you and N all the strength in the world in this difficult time. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you but you will get through this insyaAllah. On no soul doth Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear [Quran 2:286] ..
Wednesday, 15 April 2009
I thought that by now I'd have made huge progress in this weaning thing but apparently not hehe...
Well, I guess your recent bout of sickness and hospitalisation didn't help - mama's milk helped to comfort you during those distressing times so I didn't have the heart to refuse. Plus, maybe it just boils down to me not having been trying as hard as I should! Hehe
However I believe there is a light at the end of this tunnel (we are fast approaching the end I feel). My two year old now is someone I can reason with. It takes a few tries but you normally oblige in the end. I have not yet tried (hard enough) to reason with you on the weaning thing but I think it's time I try.
In the meantime can I just state the obvious on how fast time flies? For one, I still can't believe that you and I can have proper conversations now. Conversations that go something like this:-
"Mama, tadi Yazid makan porridge. Lepas tu Yazid main. Lepas tu Yazid minum susu. Lepas tu Yazid sleep. Lepas tu mama balik".
Of course, sometimes it's not porridge, it's rice and egg instead and sometimes it's not formula milk, it's packed chocolate milk instead. But who's counting right? I'm just glad you're talking to me about anything at all ;). You can be reciting the alphabet over and over again and I'd still feel as happy and giddy inside..
Happy 27 months birthday my darling! No matter how big you get, you'll never outgrow my heart...